The Hope in Healing: Mary Bayard Honorary Scholarship Fund
Our scholarship fund provides therapy for those who cannot afford our sliding-fee-scale. All scholarship funds received by clients come from donations that have been directed to the Hope In Healing Scholarship Fund.
Hope In Healing scholarships make it possible for low-income survivors to receive specialized and individualized therapy to best meet their needs in healing.
- Every dollar donated to the Hope In Healing Fund directly pays for therapy for clients on scholarship.
- Survivors qualify for scholarship funding based on financial need.
- Availability of scholarships is determined by donations directed to the fund.
- $30,000-40,000 of scholarship funds are needed to support survivors who qualify each year.
- Over 150 men and women have received Hope In Healing Scholarships since the fund began in 2009.
- Named in honor of Mary Bayard, Roanoke Park Counseling Clinical Supervisor from 1992-2009.
Scholarships reflect our commitment to and donors' understanding of the value of long-term therapy to engage a meaningful process to heal after being sexually abused in childhood.
To contribute to the fund, donate below and indicate that your gift be directed to the Hope In Healing Fund.
The Hope in Healing Fund Story
In honor of Mary Bayard and the hundreds of lives who found help through her warmth, caring and dedication to their healing, we created the Hope In Healing Fund: Mary Bayard Honorary Scholarship when she retired in 2009.
As Roanoke Park Counseling's Clinical Supervisor from 1992 to 2009, Mary's was the first voice survivors heard in response to their request for help.
Mary's reassuring and welcoming presence eased the very difficult first steps to begin healing for hundreds of men and women. They often expressed to her in their first visit that they felt hope for the first time.
Mary often commented that needing to turn survivors away when they couldn't afford services was the most difficult part of her job. Without a dedicated fund, serving our lowest fee clients easily compromised our ability to serve other clients.
In honor of Mary's dedication to each and every survivor of childhood sexual abuse and to RPC's mission of providing affordable services for all, we created the Hope in Healing Fund.
The Hope in Healing Fund is a pool of funding restricted to the sole purpose of paying the therapy fees that clients who qualify for a scholarship cannot afford. We are able to support scholarship clients based on donations in the fund. Since 2009, 152 women and men have received therapy at RPC funded by scholarship donations.