Professional Education for Providers
To be the first to know about our professional education workshops, sign up for our provider newsletter.
Annual Fall Professional Event
Each fall, Roanoke Park Counseling hosts a professional development workshop for providers on a topic related to increasing understanding about how to best serve adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. To receive announcements, join our mailing list. Announcements are sent by email and postal mail.
Past presentations include:
- Randy Marinez and Janice Palm, Everything You’ve Ever Wanted to Know About Treating Male Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Rebecca Bloom, LMHC,ATR-BC on Healing Trauma with Art
- Tracee Parker, MS, MA on Exploring the Intersection of Early Childhood Abuse and the Experience of Domestic Violence in Adulthood
- David L. Calof, on Common Mistakes in Treating D.I.D. Clients
- Jeffrey Morrison, MA, LMHC on Unwinding Trauma: A Focusing-Oriented Therapy Approach
- Michael Mayer, Ph.D. on Bodymind Healing Psychotherapy
- Debra Kaysen, Ph.D. on Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Sharon Stanley, Ph.D. on Somatic Transformation
- Trip Quillman, LICSW on Trauma, the Body and Neuroscience
- Laura van Dernoot Lipsky on Trauma Stewardship
Training and Consultation Resources
RPC offers a range of resources for healthcare providers including:
- Workshops for professionals
- Training and consultation to mental health and medical and dental providers
- Annual professional training and support event sponsored by RPC
- Professional articles: Common Symptoms of Childhood Sexual Abuse
Find out more
Sign up for our newsletters to receive news of upcoming events and information about resources and services. Please check the "Provider" box at the bottom of the sign-up form to receive our special news and mailings just for you.